It was designed and developed in the first semester of 1990 by Alessio Ferraro, following the indications of Dr. Guido Grappiolo, prosthetic surgeon. Dr. Grappiolo started using it in September of that same year to store his own patients' data. Once the software was validated, Mr. Ferraro continued updating it and developing successive versions, until he obtained a complete system to manage the personal, clinical, surgical, radiology and multimedia data of the patients, allowing the extrapolation of important statistical and scientific information that often result in improved surgical procedures or prosthetic implants.
Mr. Alessio Ferraro, who entered the Livio Sciutto Foundation - Biomedical Research in Orthopaedia - Onlus (Non-profit Social Organisation) as computer programmer, continues to verify the operation and development of the system to better serve the changing requirements of prosthetic surgery. Since it was born from a significant collaboration between technicians and surgeons, today GAP II is a user-friendly yet effective software, complete but in constant evolution.
- Access control via user name and password according to privacy regulations
- Personal Data, Clinical Chart, Intervention Card and Patient Follow-up
- Calculation of Harris Hip Score, Womac, Knee Score
- Immediate archiving and visualisation or X-rays, images and films
- Integration with the organisation's PACS and mixed Oracle environment
- Data visualisation as outlines or lists, with automatic mail merge
- Freeform search of any data in the archives
- Generation of preconfigured or customisable statistics
- Export of any type of data for external programs (ex. Excel)
- Can work either in Apple and/or PC platform
- Installable in local networks (even mixed Apple/PC networks)
- Optimised, quality printing directly from any form
- Based on the Filemaker Pro multi-platform relational database
Acquisition and archiving of images and video coming from any source, like digital cameras or video recorders, allowing the association of arthroscopic images and/or surgery snapshots to the patient's file. This part is already active as [alpha/beta version????] but only for arthroscopic images and films.
- Add a complete module for shoulder orthopaedia
Addition of a fully computerised, real-time Deposit Account management module for the direct download of products in the operating room, invoicing, reimbursements, and product returns.
- Integration with the organisation0s database (Oracle)
GAP II is developed in Filemaker Pro 6, and works both in Apple Macintosh or Windows environments; it can be used in local networks (client-server) upon specific client request.
- Apple PowerPC 601/66 Mhz
- Apple Mac OS 9.1 / Os X 10.2
- PC 486/66 Mhz
- Windows 2000
- 256 Mb RAM
- 40 Mb free on the hard drive
- Color monitor, 1280 x 960 pixels